Severna Park and Annapolis, both located in Maryland, have rich histories and are home to various historic places, buildings, streets, and squares that reflect the region’s heritage.
Vectormap.Net provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date vector maps in Adobe Illustrator, PDF and other formats, designed for editing and printing. Please read the vector map descriptions carefully.
Let’s explore some notable locations in each area:
- Maryland State House:
- The Maryland State House is the oldest state capitol still in continuous legislative use. It played a crucial role in American history as the meeting place of the Continental Congress and the signing of the Treaty of Paris, ending the Revolutionary War.
- United States Naval Academy:
- Founded in 1845, the United States Naval Academy is a historic institution that trains officers for the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps. The campus features impressive architecture, including Bancroft Hall, the largest single dormitory in the world.
- City Dock:
- Annapolis City Dock is a picturesque area along the waterfront, known for its historic charm. It features cobblestone streets, colonial architecture, and is a popular spot for shopping, dining, and boat watching.
- St. Anne’s Church:
- St. Anne’s Church is an Episcopal parish that dates back to the late 17th century. The current church building, constructed in the mid-18th century, is a beautiful example of Georgian architecture.
- Historic District:
- Annapolis has a well-preserved historic district with 18th-century buildings, including charming homes, shops, and pubs. Main Street is a focal point, lined with historic storefronts and landmarks.
Severna Park, Maryland:
- Baltimore & Annapolis Trail:
- The B&A Trail is a converted railway line that runs through Severna Park, providing a scenic route for walking, running, and biking. It offers a glimpse of the region’s natural beauty.
- Earleigh Heights Ranger Station:
- This historic train station along the B&A Trail served as a stop for passengers and freight. It has been preserved and is now a ranger station, providing information about the trail and its history.
- Jones Station Road:
- Jones Station Road is known for its historic homes, some of which date back to the 18th century. It offers a glimpse into the area’s agricultural and residential history.
- Earleigh Heights Fire Hall:
- The Earleigh Heights Volunteer Fire Company was established in 1927, and its fire hall is a historic building in Severna Park. It reflects the community’s commitment to public safety.
- Cypress Creek Park:
- While not a historic site, Cypress Creek Park is a popular outdoor destination in Severna Park, offering recreational activities and beautiful views of Cypress Creek.
Both Severna Park and Annapolis contribute to the rich tapestry of Maryland’s history, and exploring these historic places provides a deeper understanding of the region’s cultural and architectural heritage.