Karlsruhe, a city in southwest Germany, is known for its unique layout with streets and roads radiating outward from the central palace, creating a fan-like pattern. Here are some principal streets and roads in Karlsruhe:
- Karlstraße: One of the main east-west streets in Karlsruhe, Karlstraße runs parallel to the central palace and is lined with shops, restaurants, and businesses.
- Kaiserstraße: This is a major shopping street in Karlsruhe, located just south of the palace. It runs parallel to Karlstraße and is known for its vibrant atmosphere and diverse retail offerings.
- Ettlinger Straße: Another important shopping street, Ettlinger Straße intersects Kaiserstraße and extends southward. It features a mix of shops, cafes, and cultural venues.
- Sophienstraße: Running north-south, Sophienstraße is a street that intersects Karlstraße and provides access to various attractions, including the Stadtgarten (City Garden).
- Hirschstraße: This street connects the central area around the palace to the west, leading towards the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) and the KIT Campus South.
- Rüppurrer Straße: Heading south from the central area, Rüppurrer Straße is an important road that connects the city center with the southern districts of Karlsruhe.
- Kriegsstraße: This is a major east-west thoroughfare that passes through the northern part of the city. It is a key route for transportation and connects various districts.
- Rintheimer Straße: Running from the city center towards the northeast, Rintheimer Straße is a significant road that provides access to residential areas and the Karlsruhe Trade Fair (Messe Karlsruhe).
- Durlacher Allee: Connecting the city center with the eastern district of Durlach, Durlacher Allee is an important avenue with tree-lined sidewalks and residential areas.
- Ostendorfstraße: Located in the eastern part of the city, Ostendorfstraße is one of the streets that helps connect the city center to the neighborhoods in the east.
Keep in mind that the city’s layout is characterized by its radial pattern, so many streets emanate from the central palace. This design makes it relatively easy to navigate and explore the city. Additionally, Karlsruhe has an efficient public transportation system, including trams and buses, which further facilitates movement within the city.
We provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date vector maps in Adobe Illustrator, PDF and other formats, designed for editing and printing. Please read the vector map descriptions carefully.