Lakewood, Colorado is a vibrant city located in the Denver metropolitan area. It’s known for its diverse neighborhoods and districts, each with its own unique character and amenities. Here are some key neighborhoods and districts in Lakewood:
- Belmar: Belmar is a mixed-use development in the heart of Lakewood, offering a dynamic blend of residential, retail, and office spaces. It has a modern, urban feel with a wide range of shopping, dining, and entertainment options.
- Applewood: Applewood is a more residential neighborhood with tree-lined streets and a suburban ambiance. It’s known for its large, well-maintained homes and has a strong sense of community.
- Green Mountain: This neighborhood is named after Green Mountain, a local landmark. It’s a hiker’s paradise, with plenty of open space, parks, and trails. The housing here ranges from townhomes to larger single-family homes.
- Bear Creek: Bear Creek is a community near the Bear Creek Lake Park, offering outdoor enthusiasts easy access to a variety of recreational activities. It’s a mix of single-family homes and apartments.
- Morse Park: Located in the northern part of Lakewood, Morse Park is a predominantly residential neighborhood with schools, parks, and recreational facilities. It’s a family-friendly area.
- Southern Gables: Southern Gables is known for its well-kept suburban homes, tree-lined streets, and proximity to schools and parks. It’s a quiet, residential area.
- Solterra: Solterra is a newer development in Lakewood, known for its upscale homes and beautiful landscaping. It’s situated near the foothills, providing stunning mountain views.
- Eiber: Eiber is a diverse neighborhood with a mix of housing types, including single-family homes, apartments, and townhouses. It’s known for its convenience to shopping and major roads.
- Union Square: This area is an emerging district with a focus on mixed-use development. It’s close to the light rail, making it a more accessible part of the city.
- Glennon Heights: Located in the southeastern part of Lakewood, Glennon Heights offers a mix of housing options and is home to several schools and parks.
Please keep in mind that Lakewood has a wide range of neighborhoods and districts, each with its own unique charm and amenities. The city is known for its accessibility to outdoor activities, proximity to Denver, and diverse housing options. If you’re considering moving to Lakewood or exploring the area, it’s a good idea to visit these neighborhoods in person to get a feel for the local atmosphere and amenities.