Wilmington, Delaware, is the largest city in the state and is known for its rich history, diverse communities, and vibrant cultural scene.
Vectormap.Net provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date vector maps in Adobe Illustrator, PDF and other formats, designed for editing and printing. Please read the vector map descriptions carefully.
Here’s a detailed description of some of the districts, communities, and main streets in Wilmington:
1. Downtown Wilmington:
- Market Street: This is the main thoroughfare in downtown Wilmington, lined with a mix of historic and modern buildings. You’ll find a variety of shops, restaurants, and cultural institutions along Market Street.
- Rodney Square: A historic square at the center of downtown, surrounded by notable buildings like the Hotel du Pont and the Old Town Hall. It often hosts events and gatherings.
2. Riverfront Wilmington:
- Justison Street: This is a key street along the Wilmington Riverfront, offering stunning views of the Christina River. The area is known for its entertainment venues, like the Chase Center on the Riverfront, and a range of dining options.
- Constitution Yards Beer Garden: A popular spot along the riverfront, offering a large outdoor space with games, food, and a variety of craft beers.
3. Trolley Square:
- Delaware Avenue: Trolley Square is a vibrant neighborhood known for its historic architecture and lively atmosphere. Delaware Avenue is the main street in this area, featuring a mix of shops, restaurants, and bars.
- Trolley Square Shopping Center: A hub for shopping and dining in the neighborhood.
4. East Side:
- East 9th Street: This area is culturally diverse and known for its tight-knit communities. East 9th Street is a notable street, and you’ll find a mix of residential and commercial spaces.
- Hilltop Neighborhood: Part of the East Side, this area has a strong sense of community and is known for its historic homes.
5. West Side:
- Union Street: The West Side of Wilmington is a mix of residential and commercial areas. Union Street is a key thoroughfare with a variety of businesses and community spaces.
- Cool Spring/Tilton Park Historic District: Known for its well-preserved Victorian and Colonial Revival architecture.
- South Market Street: Southbridge is a historically significant area, and South Market Street runs through this community. It’s a predominantly residential area with a rich cultural heritage.
7. Brandywine Village:
- North Market Street: Brandywine Village is known for its historic charm, and North Market Street runs through this district. You’ll find a mix of residential and commercial spaces.
These are just a few of the many neighborhoods and streets in Wilmington, each with its own unique character and charm. The city’s diverse communities contribute to its cultural richness, making Wilmington an interesting and dynamic place to explore.