White Plains, New York, is a city located in Westchester County. While White Plains itself is primarily known for its commercial and business activities, there are several parks and water areas in and around the region that contribute to the overall recreational and tourism appeal.
Vectormap.Net provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date vector maps in Adobe Illustrator, PDF and other formats, designed for editing and printing. Please read the vector map descriptions carefully.
- Silver Lake Preserve: Located just north of White Plains, Silver Lake Preserve offers a peaceful natural environment with walking trails, a lake, and picnic areas. It’s a great spot for nature enthusiasts looking for a quiet retreat.
- Saxon Woods Park: Saxon Woods Park is a larger recreational area that provides a variety of activities, including hiking trails, a swimming pool, sports fields, and a golf course. It’s a popular destination for both residents and visitors.
- Gedney Park: This park features sports facilities, playgrounds, and open spaces for picnics. It’s a family-friendly location with walking trails and green areas.
- Mamaroneck Avenue Park: A smaller park in downtown White Plains, Mamaroneck Avenue Park offers a pleasant green space for relaxation, picnics, and casual strolls.
- Water Areas:
- The Bronx River: The Bronx River runs through Westchester County, including areas near White Plains. Some parts of the river offer opportunities for canoeing and kayaking, providing a scenic and tranquil experience.
- Silver Lake: Located within Silver Lake Preserve, Silver Lake is a serene spot for fishing and enjoying the outdoors. It’s a picturesque setting for nature enthusiasts.
- Westchester County Center: While primarily an event venue, the Westchester County Center hosts various shows, concerts, and exhibitions throughout the year. Check the event schedule for any interesting happenings during your visit.
- Downtown White Plains: The downtown area has a vibrant atmosphere with shopping centers, restaurants, and cultural attractions. Mamaroneck Avenue is known for its diverse dining options and nightlife.
- Cultural Attractions: Explore cultural institutions like the White Plains Performing Arts Center and the White Plains Public Library for events, performances, and exhibits.
- Shopping: White Plains offers a range of shopping options, from upscale malls like The Westchester to boutique shops in the downtown area.
Please note that it’s advisable to check for any updates or changes to attractions, parks, or events, as my information is based on data available up to January 2022. Local tourism websites or community pages are good resources for the latest information on events and attractions in White Plains.