A general overview of sports, entertainment, and tourism in the Oakland and Berkeley areas in California.
Vectormap.Net provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date vector maps in Adobe Illustrator, PDF and other formats, designed for editing and printing. Please read the vector map descriptions carefully.
- Oakland Athletics (MLB): The Oakland Athletics, often referred to as the A’s, play their home games at the Oakland Coliseum. The team has a dedicated fan base and has a rich history in Major League Baseball.
- Golden State Warriors (NBA): The Golden State Warriors play their home games at the Chase Center in San Francisco, but their presence is significant in the Bay Area, including Oakland. The team has been highly successful in recent years, winning multiple NBA championships.
- Las Vegas Raiders (NFL): The Oakland Raiders, a professional football team in the NFL, relocated to Las Vegas in 2020. However, their legacy and fan base remain strong in the Oakland area.
Berkeley doesn’t host major professional sports teams, but the University of California, Berkeley (UC Berkeley), has a strong collegiate sports program, particularly in football and basketball. The California Golden Bears represent UC Berkeley in various NCAA competitions.
- The Fox Theater: An iconic venue in downtown Oakland, The Fox Theater hosts a variety of events, including concerts, comedy shows, and other live performances.
- Paramount Theatre: Another historic venue, the Paramount Theatre, offers a range of performances, including concerts, Broadway shows, and cultural events.
- Oakland Art Murmur: This is a monthly event where local galleries open their doors to the public, showcasing the vibrant art scene in Oakland.
- Berkeley Repertory Theatre: Known for its innovative and high-quality productions, the Berkeley Repertory Theatre is a prominent venue for theater enthusiasts.
- Greek Theatre: Located on the UC Berkeley campus, the Greek Theatre is an outdoor amphitheater that hosts concerts and events, featuring a picturesque setting in the hills.
- Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive (BAMPFA): BAMPFA is an excellent destination for art and film lovers, offering a diverse range of exhibitions and screenings.
- Lake Merritt: A picturesque urban lake in the heart of Oakland, surrounded by parks and gardens, offering a serene escape.
- Jack London Square: A waterfront area with restaurants, shops, and entertainment options, named after the famous author Jack London.
- UC Berkeley Campus: Explore the historic and beautiful campus of the University of California, Berkeley, with its iconic landmarks such as the Campanile (Sather Tower).
- Tilden Regional Park: A large regional park offering hiking trails, a botanical garden, and a picturesque lake.
- Gourmet Ghetto: North Berkeley is known for its “Gourmet Ghetto,” a food lover’s paradise with diverse culinary options.
Both Oakland and Berkeley offer a mix of cultural, recreational, and entertainment opportunities, making them vibrant and dynamic parts of the San Francisco Bay Area. Keep in mind that the information provided here may have changed, and it’s always a good idea to check for the latest updates and local events.