Palma de Mallorca, the capital of the Balearic Islands in Spain, is known for its beautiful architecture, historic sites, and vibrant culture. While the city is not characterized by an extensive network of waterways and bridges like some other European cities, it does have a few notable features.
Vectormap.Net provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date vector maps in Adobe Illustrator, PDF and other formats, designed for editing and printing. Please read the vector map descriptions carefully.
- Parc de la Mar: Although not a traditional waterway, the Parc de la Mar is a large artificial lake located just below the Cathedral of Santa Maria of Palma. It provides a picturesque setting with reflecting pools and fountains.
- La Riera: This is a bridge that spans the Riera stream, connecting the city center with the Parc de la Mar and the seafront.
- La Rambla: A bustling tree-lined avenue that stretches from Plaça d’Espanya to the Passeig del Born. La Rambla is a popular pedestrian street with shops, cafes, and street performers.
- Passeig del Born: This wide avenue is lined with trees and is a hub of activity, featuring shops, restaurants, and historical landmarks.
- Avinguda Jaume III: One of the main shopping streets in Palma, Avinguda Jaume III is known for its upscale boutiques, cafes, and a lively atmosphere.
- Carrer de la Unió: This street is famous for its historic architecture and connects Plaça Major with Plaça Cort. It’s a charming place to explore with its narrow lanes and traditional buildings.
- Plaça Major: The central square of Palma, Plaça Major, is surrounded by colorful buildings with bustling cafes and shops. It’s a great place to experience the local culture.
While Palma de Mallorca may not be known for its extensive waterways and bridges like some other European cities, its charm lies in its historic streets, squares, and cultural landmarks. Exploring the city on foot allows visitors to soak in the Mediterranean atmosphere and discover the rich history and architecture that Palma has to offer.