A general description of Onancock, Virginia, including its principal waterways, bridges, and main streets. Vectormap.Net provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date vector maps in Adobe Illustrator, PDF and other formats, designed for editing and printing. Please read the vector map descriptions carefully.
Onancock is a town located on the Eastern Shore of Virginia, United States. It is situated on the western shore of Onancock Creek, which is an estuary that flows into Chesapeake Bay. The town is known for its historic charm, with a number of well-preserved buildings and a quaint atmosphere.
- Onancock Creek: This is a tidal estuary that runs through the town and provides a picturesque waterfront setting. The creek is navigable and supports recreational boating.
- Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel: While not directly in Onancock, it’s worth mentioning the nearby Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel, a major engineering marvel that connects the Eastern Shore to the mainland of Virginia. It spans the Chesapeake Bay, providing a direct link for vehicles between the Eastern Shore and Virginia Beach/Norfolk.
- Market Street: Market Street is one of the main thoroughfares in Onancock, lined with shops, restaurants, and historic buildings. It runs parallel to Onancock Creek, offering views of the waterfront.
- Mason Avenue: Another significant street, Mason Avenue intersects with Market Street and is home to various businesses, including shops and eateries.
- North Street: This street runs perpendicular to Market Street and provides access to different parts of the town.