A general overview of some of the principal streets and roads in Asuncion, Paraguay.
- Avenida Mariscal López: This is one of the main avenues in Asuncion, named after Francisco Solano López, a former president of Paraguay. It runs north to south and is a major commercial and business thoroughfare.
- Avenida España: Another important avenue, Avenida España runs parallel to the Paraguay River and is known for its shops, restaurants, and cultural institutions.
- Avenida Eusebio Ayala: This avenue is named after a former president of Paraguay and is a key route connecting different parts of the city.
- Avenida Artigas: Running through the central part of Asuncion, Avenida Artigas is a significant road with various commercial establishments and important landmarks.
- Avenida Sacramento: This avenue is located in the northern part of Asuncion and is known for its residential areas and access to some recreational spaces.
- Avenida Santa Teresa: Connecting various neighborhoods, Avenida Santa Teresa is a notable road in the southern part of the city.
- Ruta Transchaco (Route PY09): This is a major national highway that connects Asuncion to the western regions of Paraguay. It is a crucial transportation route for both passengers and cargo.
- Ruta Ñu Guasu (Route PY02): Running along the eastern side of Asuncion, this highway is important for connecting the city to other regions.
- Ruta Mariscal Estigarribia (Route PY07): This highway provides access to the northern areas of Paraguay and passes through or near Asuncion.
These are just a few examples, and there are many more streets and roads in and around Asuncion. Keep in mind that urban development and infrastructure can change, so it’s a good idea to check for the most up-to-date maps and information locally.