Dnipro, formerly known as Dnipropetrovsk, is one of the major cities in Ukraine, located in the Dnipropetrovsk Oblast. It has a well-developed road infrastructure with several principal streets and avenues. Please note that street names may change over time, so it’s a good idea to consult a current map or local resources for the most up-to-date information. Here are some of the principal streets and avenues in Dnipro:
- Karla Marksa Avenue (проспект Карла Маркса): This is one of the central and most important streets in Dnipro. It’s known for its shops, cafes, and the beautiful views of the Dnipro River.
- Naberezhna Pobedy (Проспект Перемоги): This avenue runs along the Dnipro River and offers scenic views. It’s a popular place for a leisurely walk and has various recreational spots.
- Dmytra Yavornitskoho Avenue (проспект Дмитра Яворницького): This avenue is named after a famous Ukrainian writer and is home to many cultural and historical landmarks, as well as shops and restaurants.
- Karla Libknekhta Street (вулиця Карла Лібкнехта): This street runs through the city center and is known for its commercial and retail activity.
- Dniprovska Naberezhna (Дніпровська набережна): This is the embankment road along the Dnipro River and provides beautiful river views. It’s a popular place for jogging, cycling, and strolling.
- Hlinky Street (вулиця Глинки): Located in the central part of the city, this street is known for its historical and architectural significance.
- Zaporizka Street (вулиця Запорізька): It’s a major street in the city, hosting various businesses and residential areas.
- Naberezhna Lenina (Набережна Леніна): This street also runs along the river, offering picturesque views and various recreational opportunities.
- Pravdy Avenue (проспект Правди): This avenue is home to a mix of businesses and residential areas and provides access to different parts of the city.
- Sholom Aleichem Street (вулиця Шолом-Алейхема): This street is named after the famous Yiddish writer Sholem Aleichem and has a significant Jewish heritage.
These are some of the principal streets and avenues in Dnipro, and the city has a well-structured road network connecting various parts of the city.