Rostov-on-Don, located in southern Russia, has several principal streets that are important for transportation and commerce. Here are some of the main streets in Rostov-on-Don:
- Bolshaya Sadovaya Street: This is one of the main streets in the city and is known for its shops, cafes, and restaurants. It runs through the city center and is a popular destination for both locals and tourists.
- Pushkinskaya Street: Another major street in the city center, Pushkinskaya Street is home to various shops, boutiques, and cultural institutions. It’s a vibrant and lively area.
- Budennovskiy Avenue: This is one of the city’s major thoroughfares and is an important transportation route. It connects different parts of the city and is lined with various businesses and services.
- Bolshoy Prospekt: This avenue is an important road in Rostov-on-Don, connecting different neighborhoods and providing access to various amenities and attractions.
- Voroshilov Avenue: Another major avenue in the city, Voroshilov Avenue is a central and busy street with various businesses, shopping centers, and government buildings.
- Nakhichevanskiy Avenue: This avenue runs along the left bank of the Don River and is an essential route for traffic in that part of the city. It also features a mix of commercial and residential areas.
- Sholokhov Avenue: Named after the famous Russian writer Mikhail Sholokhov, this avenue is known for its cultural significance and historical buildings. It’s located in the city center.
These streets are just a few examples of the principal streets in Rostov-on-Don. The city has a network of roads and streets that cater to various purposes, including transportation, commerce, and tourism.