Morgantown, West Virginia, is a small city with several principal streets that are important for navigating the area. Some of the key streets and avenues in Morgantown include:
- High Street: High Street is one of the primary thoroughfares in Morgantown, running through the downtown area and home to numerous businesses, restaurants, and shops.
- University Avenue: University Avenue is located near West Virginia University’s campus and connects the downtown area with the university. It’s a key route for students and faculty.
- Beechurst Avenue: Beechurst Avenue is another important road in Morgantown, especially for accessing West Virginia University and its surrounding areas.
- Patteson Drive: Patteson Drive is a major east-west road, and it is often used to access the West Virginia University Healthcare campus and the Suncrest Town Center area.
- University Town Centre Drive: This road is located in the Suncrest Town Centre area and provides access to shopping, dining, and entertainment options.
- Don Knotts Boulevard: Named after the famous comedian and actor who was born in Morgantown, this boulevard is located in the Suncrest Town Centre area and connects to University Town Centre Drive.
- Van Voorhis Road: Van Voorhis Road is a significant road in Morgantown, especially for residents in the eastern part of the city.
- Mileground Road: This road is an important route for those traveling between downtown Morgantown and the eastern suburbs.
These are some of the principal streets in Morgantown, West Virginia, but there are many more streets and avenues that contribute to the city’s transportation network. Keep in mind that Morgantown is a relatively small city, so it’s relatively easy to navigate.